Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 11 May 2008

I Want To Be Alone


In the late afternoon, most seaside towns quieten down, as the holidaymakers either go back home, or return to their hotels for dinner. It was about 6pm when I went for a stroll along the promenade. Looking around, I spotted this young guy sitting all alone & staring out to sea. I wasn't sure why he was there, but thought he'd make for a good study in loneliness.

Just then, his friend appeared carrying some fish and chips. Obviously they'd had some sort of row & he'd gone off to sulk. And as women tend to do, she returned to make peace with him.

6 comments:

  1. He looks like he's solving the world's problems, or napping,lol...fish and chips on the beach, what could be better?! Great photos! You were there at the perfect time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what SHE did wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. You captured the scene really well. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh. very nice pictures and story telling!! i want someone to bring me fish and chips right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your story. The moral I gained from it: Fish and chips cure (almost) everything. I like the feel of your first photo, probably because I love the solitude of the beach in off season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jim, I liked your comment lol :-D

    I know, I was thinking I bet he's just glad to have some time away from her incessant nagging! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.