Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 6 March 2009

R.I.P. (Record Shops In Peril)


A death was announced this week that shocked a lot of local people. Not the passing of a popular person, but a well loved independent record shop that has been part of Nottingham's cultural history for 40 years. What started off as a simple market stall, has turned into a pilgrimage for music fans. The shop sells popular artists alongside the more obscure acts, and all genre's in between.

It will be sorely missed when the doors finally close at the end of the month, or earlier, if all the stock goes. Nottingham used to have quite a thriving number of record stores, but all that remains now is HMV.

2 comments:

  1. Genuinely sad image from my viewpoint. I love my ipod, but something about flicking through physical slices of music genres and racks that I love. Hmv. The only music store we have in Douglas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.