Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 7 March 2009

The World's Gone Bananas


This morning, Beeston went bananas. Not literally, but an event was held to publicise Fairtrade goods, especially everyone's favourite white fruit. I took part in what the organisers hope would be a record for the biggest number of people eating a banana at the same time.
Today's photo is of two local radio personalities starting the record breaking with the help of 'Funky Monkey' and 'Bananaman'. I'll let you know if we have won the challenge.

While I was in the Square, I bumped into one of my fellow photographic pals Phil. He was there taking photos as well. He suggested taking a break at a local cafe. It was almost full, but there was a couple of seats free at a table. We sat down & got talking to an elderly couple opposite. The husband was interested in my camera, and said that he took a lot of slides and did shows for charity. More on this can be found at Phil's amusing blog site.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks gail's man, I have put up my blog now. Thanks and good to see you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job her mike isnt yellow,ha.
    What a capture - my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.