Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 4 July 2009

Beware, Light Plant Crossing


As it's American Independence Day, I thought I would show you something typically British; the allotment. I don't know if Americans have allotments, or grow their own food, but they probably would have if their country still belonged to Britain and they followed our customs, like driving on the left, calling chips, crisps and saying goodbye instead of "have a nice day". Still they have given us Mickey Mouse, Star Wars and for the ladies; George Clooney. Not forgetting our very own favourite blogger Abe Lincoln.

One of our local allotments had an open day today. There were demonstrations and a plant sale. I'd like an allotment, but I don't have enough time to do my own garden, never mind another one. Probably spend too much time on the computer!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:10 pm

    Not that typically British... If it was, that umbrella would be keeping off the rain not the sun.

    Not going to moan though... happy to bake until September...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep you busy GM dont worry.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have to be in the know to get an allotment anywhere - probably easier to get into the masons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a busy and fun place to buy some plants! We can learn from each other - that's what's so great about CDP blogs - culture and photography exchange! Regards from EAGAN daily photo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the insight into your life. Those pesky colonials do have their uses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that kind of demonstration and show me one. I thought the vegetables were revolting. Oh no I mean rebelling. English language a minefield.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.