Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 20 July 2009

For Anna


Tomorrow will be quite a sad one for Gail and myself, as we are having to go to a funeral. Not an elderly relative, which is sad in itself, but for a person we both knew called Anna. She was only 28 and recently decided to take her own life. We don't know why yet, but whatever it was, surely it can't be big enough to decide that it's not worth living anymore? She was a manager at the organisation where I work. Gail worked with her for a while. She was a kind and lovely person and the whole building was shocked when we heard the news.

This photo shows the chapel at Corpus Christie College. It was closed when I visited, so I had to take the photo through a glass door. At the entrance was a small table with a little book on it. It was there for people to leave messages or prayers which would be read out during a service. Naturally I just had to leave one for Anna.

6 comments:

  1. Heavenly photo! What a gorgeous Cathedral! WOW!

    I'm very sorry about Anna! What a tragedy! May the funny stories and happy memories bring you comfort during this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very sad and tragic post to read. My heart breaks for Anna who felt as though there was no one she could reach out to in her darkest hour. Anna, I truly hope you are at peace now. I feel so much for your family and friends who you have left behind. Oh why oh why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a terribly sad post. 28 is no age, but to me any age is too soon. For someone to take their own life is such a desperate act, but we never know what or how another truly feels or can cope with in this often cruel world. Very poignant and fitting post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awful news, especially for one so young :'(

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photograph drew me from the portal for the beauty of this chapel - so it was doubly shocking to read of this tragedy. So desperately sad for Anna and her family and her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LIke Jilly, I was drawn to the photo and I am always so sad to hear of what the depths of despair so often result in. Who can know the inner mind of someone else?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.