Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 16 July 2009

Sand In The Hand


well it's arrived. Several tons of sand has been tipped in the Old Market Square. I'm not sure how much or how deep it's going to be. Hopefully it's quite high grade quality, or a lot of people are going to get it in their eyes should the wind get up. Reminds me of a trip to Blackpool I once did to see the lights. We were walking along the front and the wind was blowing the sand off the beach at such a speed that my face felt like it had been sandblasted. It got so bad that we all dived into Woolworth's to get our breath back.

I decided to use the 16:9 ratio for a change on this photo and added a 1960s feel to it courtesy of Picnik.

5 comments:

  1. Ok you lost me at the Picnik bit but 16:9 and Blackpool I get. I lived there for 10 years and it was mostly wet, windy and weird. The lights need an update definitley. Sand in Nottingham is just plain confusing me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the line of shoes at the bottom;of course one should always be barefoot on a beach.
    Are the Council thinking that it will be fine for the whole of the summer? Should be fun in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good man GM.
    You started this theme off with a super shot.
    Ive got Picnik too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to be making a sandcastle?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:10 pm

    Even as a native of the city this beach stuff confuses me.

    At what point did someone at the City Council say: "I've got a good idea... let's take our beautiful new Market Square, dump tons of sand on it and create some kind of poor man's Torquay"? And in what parallel, twilight dimension did all the other councillors agree?

    Is it weird... or am I just an unimaginative, miserable old git?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.