Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 19 January 2010

End Of The Line


I'm struggling at the moment to find anything new to show you. There's hardly anything going on in Nottingham and today has just been dull and grey. A non photography day you might say. So I'm showing you something old instead. Something with a finality about it. A message on a rather old gravestone.

Amongst the various groups I belong to on Flickr, one is dedicated to photographing gravestones & final resting places. A bit morbid you might think. But there are some wonderful examples of a stonemason's art, and you do come across some great names of the long departed.

6 comments:

  1. Dead good this GM.

    Dont forget Header day wed 20-01-10
    Any pic but has to be in B/W.8pm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice picture with a good message. It reminds me of being present. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Elephant. I love things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love gravestones and there are wonderful cemeteries here. I'm happy to see lots more pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice night shot in B/W GM, good work my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think that photographing gravestones is morbid. They are interesting. I would like to see more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.