Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 28 January 2010

Smoke And The Water


You may remember me telling you about last Friday's excitement in town when an electrical substation blew up and the city centre was without power for the day. Well here's the said substation, cordoned off whilst the 'sparky's set to mending all the cables and repairing the building.

I've passed this building thousands of times coming to and from work and I never knew it was a substation. I always thought it was some sort of garage or factory. Disused too, as I never saw anyone go in or come out.

2 comments:

  1. amazing what buildings are used for when we find out after something's happened - like your mushroom heading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder it put a few lights out looking at that piccy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.