Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 10 September 2011

Have You Seen My Chopper?


It's time for the annual Heritage Weekend again. The time when various places across the country open their doors to the public for free. Although I've been before, I popped down to the former Barton bus depot in Chilwell. I was pleasantly surprised to see a number of classic cars on show. Although many of them I have seen before at Wollaton Park. But what was new is that a former kitchen design shop next door has been turned into a motor and bicycle museum, featuring Ford cars and Raleigh (what else) bikes.
Today's photo features a Chopper bike from the early 1970s. Like every other boy or girl at that time, I wanted one. But my mum and dad refused to buy me one, as they didn't think it was safe for two reasons: 1, the back wheel being bigger than the front one, and 2, the unfortunate position of the gearstick. They therefore bought me a Raleigh Shopper in lime green instead!

1 comment:

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.