Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 25 February 2012

Another Belly Filling Time


As some of my long time followers will know, tomorrow is my birthday and wedding anniversary. 49 and 6, if you were wondering. And that way round too, otherwise it would be mathematically impossible for either of us!

For a treat, we went to Jamie's Italian, which opened about six or seven months ago. The meal was free too, as at Christmas I won a raffle that was organised by the Paul Smith shops to raise money for the local Maggie's hospital, and one of the prizes was a meal at Jamie Oliver's restaurant.

Unfortunately Jamie wasn't in charge of the stove, but the chef they had employed did a lovely job of cooking the food that was on the menu. The restaurant was busy, and everyone was having a good time and tucking into their plates. The Liverpudlian waiter (Chris) we had serving us was very good. Just as a waiter should be. Attentive, but not imposing. He fully deserved the tip I gave him.

I would just like take this opportunity to wish my darling wife a happy anniversary and a big thank you for six wonderful years, full of up's and downs, good times and bad. And also for putting up with my blogging, which I know you see as a bit of an obsession. Mind you, I've had to put up with your handbags and cosmetics. So it works both ways!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:15 am

    Happy Birthday and wedding anniversary my darling husband. Can we go shoe and handbag shopping tomorrow please? ;-)) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary you two love birds! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An adorable post, thanks for sharing with us this special moment. Lots of happiness for you both! :)
    Cezar and I got married here in Luxembourg two years ago...wow time goes so fast!:)
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope youve both had a great time for your 5th Anniversary and celebrated well.
    Congrats Gail - Christopher.

    Ah 50 next year eh, its down hill all the way now,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a great birthday (Steve & I don't think you look anything like 49) & an even better Anniversary. from Karen (6 years older & 27 extra married years too)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:53 am

    You know i dont usual comment, but i really like your blog and i thought i would introduce myself. I have been reading it for awhile but this is my 1st comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.