Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Blue Is The Colour


The cold weather must have got to Tom this week, as he has chosen 'blue' as the theme for this week's Headbanger Challenge.
Ah, I thought, a deceptively simple topic to interpret. But one that has many pitfalls. Will a photo of the sky or sea seem somewhat of a cliche? But then I'm happy to go with the flow. Of course I tried to but a bit of creative spin on it, and so I was going to use this photo of one of my shirts drying on the washing line in the sun. Yes, the sun. It actually paid us all a visit. And on a Sunday too! Whatever next? It might actually decide to stay for more than one day and the temperature might actually rise a bit, so I can put my scarf away.

But then today I was walking close to the Theatre Royal and I saw this classic car from the 1960s. A Volvo P1800, in blue no less. Many people will remember Roger Moore driving one when he played the Saint on TV. His of course was in white. So I've decided to go with this one, as I was just fated to see it. When I'm walking around town in my lunch hour, I have no set plan, other than firstly going to the Old Market Square; to see if there is anything going off there. Then it's just where my feet decide to take me. Sometimes I see something, sometimes I don't. On this occasion, and like yesterday, I did.

To see what the other members of the team have come up with, do pop over to their pages and have a look and possibly leave a message. Also enjoy this piece of music by Blue Rodeo and shot in glorious black and white.

6 comments:

  1. Like the music ol boy.
    Real beat capture of the car too, and your shirt which was real cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that blue car is a beauty. It's cool; not just cold, but stylin', you know? It's a good color for both fast speeds and slow cruising...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this week it certainly is words of appreciation as your blog calls your comments section. That is one nice car! Great capture so when are you getting yourself one then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to spot classics, though I though your shirt and its blue clothespin was also classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris: I had thought of doing a car or truck but never found a good photo. You captured a neat one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a horrible crush on Simon Templar. But my father didn't care for the show so I only got to watch when he wasn't home. Love the car.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.