Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 24 February 2012

Food Time Again


Lunchtime food treat today with a couple of ladies from the office. We went to a new place that recently opened called Brown's. I mentioned on this blog a few weeks ago that some builders were converting an empty Victorian building into a new restaurant. Well today I sampled the result. I missed the actual opening, as I was away in Rye. So it has been a little while coming.

I'd also heard a few negative reviews from some co-workers who had been there before, who had said that the food wasn't very good or wasn't cooked properly. So I was a bit apprehensive in one respect, but was looking forward to seeing the inside, as I heard lots of favourable reports about the decor.

Well I can happily say that both my lunch and the surroundings were both delicious. I had some kiln smoked salmon pate on toast with some watercress, and for pudding I opted for a bowl of fruit with Greek yoghurt and a drizzle of honey. My compatriots had the same. Here's a photo of what a part of the brasserie looks like. I think it will be a favourite haunt of ours from now on. In fact we have already arranged a lunch next month already.

3 comments:

  1. And HE says hes unlucky lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salut!
    It's a beautiful and very elegant clock!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:09 am

    I am happy for you that the meal turned out to be good. And the interior was different and nice to photograph.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.