Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 23 February 2012

Springing Into Action


Well, what a scorcher today. I couldn't believe how warm and sunny it was. And we're still in February. I wondered whether to go out without my coat at lunchtime. But decided to stay safe, and keep it on, but go without my jumper instead. There were quite a few people out in shirtsleeves etc. I don't know how long it will last though.

My walk today took me to the lace market area. And while I was walking through the grounds of St Mary's Church, I stumbled upon, to misquote Wordsworth, a host of golden crocuses. And a few purple ones too. So I just had to take a few photos from different angles, and trying not to tread on the soil or nearby gravestone.

I hope the good weather continues for as long as possible. Although the doom-mungers are worried about a drought this summer. Just hope it doesn't hit ice cream and real ale production.

1 comment:

  1. Too true - about the weather yesterday, I had to take off my jumper and carry it as I had my winter coat on, phew.
    Not yet downloaded my pics from Southwell yet.
    As for your terrific shot Christopher, its a beaut my friend.

    Spring yippee. (we hope).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.