Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 4 February 2012

Wedding Bells


The wedding was taking place at the House for an Art Lover, a few miles from Glasgow. An art nouveau masterpiece that just yells Charles Rennie Mackintosh. We were really looking forward to the wedding in such an amazing venue, and I was hoping to get some great shots of the house etc, besides the bride and groom. Unfortunately it was tipping it down with rain, so this made going outside almost impossible. Especially as I was in my finery and under strict instructions to be on my best behaviour. So possibly getting my clothes dirty was not an option.

The wedding itself went very well, with no hitches or problems. Most of the men were in kilts. Gail teased me about wanting me to be in one. Maybe I should have, as some of the tartans I saw didn't look too bad. Not sure about a sporran though. Not really big enough to hold a camera! The bride of course looked great. I've not met either the bride or groom before. But they were lovely and very friendly.

We had a nice meal in the main room, then there was some dancing and merriment in the cafe area downstairs. I was surprised how big the space was, as there must have been about 80 of us altogether. I had a couple of pints of Scottish real ale, which was very tasty. I must see if I buy some here. I had a couple of dances with Gail. Although my dancing skills are about nil. Still she put up with it, and I didn't tread on her toes once!

We left at around midnight, after a roaring rendition of Auld Lang Syne. Which I thought was a bit strange, as it wasn't January the first. Here is a shot of the top of the wedding cake, and some very stylised renditions of the bride and groom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.