Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 30 April 2012

Bring Me Sunshine


Yippee, the sun made a very welcome appearance today. What a difference a day makes, as the old song goes. Yesterday cold and wet, today warm and sunny. You really can't beat the British weather for unpredictability!

Even though it was a good day to be out, I didn't take any photos today. I was hoping that I would. But the photographic muse had deserted me, yet again. I suppose that photography on the street is a bit like fishing, as you never know what you are going to get. At least in the studio you are practically guaranteed to get some good shots.

So here is a shot of the late, great Eric Morecambe, the taller half of the legendary comedy double act that was Morecambe and Wise. They had been together since the 1940s until Eric's death in 1984. Ernie Wise passed away in 1999.

Eric's real surname was Bartholomew, but took his stage name from the town where he was born. I had to wait a while before I could take this photo, as there was a queue of people waiting to have their photos taken next to him.

I thought it would make a good blog photo for today, as Eric is smiling and dancing because the sun is out.

4 comments:

  1. Sunshine shot from Cheeky bot,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious sunshine, my kitty Luna is waiting for her sunbath here, it's a wonderful feeling of Spring.Enjoy your day dear friends!
    *** Love your bus "header"and this sculpture is fantastic as well!
    hugs and a nice week,
    Léia & Cezar

    ReplyDelete
  3. A joyful sculpture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nicely composed shot GM.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.