Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 2 April 2012

The Kiss


My latest gardening project is the building of a new fishpond. We have one already, but it is a bit on the small side now, especially as it is full of frogs and spawn at the moment. So I have been digging a larger, deeper one. Gail thought I was building her a jacuzzi!

Anyway yesterday afternoon I popped along to my local garden centre where I purchased some extra thick liner. It wasn't too heavy to carry, but cost me £77. It's nearly 4m x 4m. I wanted to get the best sort available. One which would last years and years.

I had put some sand at the bottom, followed by some offcuts of carpet on the bottom and sides. Just to make sure that no stones or sharp objects will get to puncture it once the pond is full of water. Once I had laid out the liner into position and was happy with it, I then got out the hosepipe and turned the tap on.

Being so big, I knew that it was going to take some time to fill up. I had a puncture to repair, so I did that whilst the water was still tricking in. I fill it to about three quarters full. I was planning to do the rest tonight, but had to go out. But tomorrow I plan to move the fish, the pump and transfer the water from the old pond into the new one. It is clean and safe, so it seems silly to throw it away.

Of course I had my camera with me when I went to Bardills. Whilst I was having a little look round, I spotted these two figures snogging amongst the plants. Of course they weren't real people, but a statue for someone's garden.

2 comments:

  1. Nice shot - but hose pipe? - thought they have been banned?lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a big job. Was Marmalade licking her/his lips as you filled pond? Hmmmm, fish for tea tonight. Live fish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.