Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 23 April 2012

Oh England My Lionheart


As many of you will know, today is St George's Day and there was an event in central Nottingham. I got down to the Old Market Square early so I could get a good spot to see the procession that made their way from the Forest.

I was somewhat surprised how different and low key it was to the one that was put on for St Patrick's Day. There's seemed to go on for about half an hour, while the one today only seemed last about ten minutes. I don't know what it is, and why England doesn't promote their patron saint as much as the other countries that make up the British Isles do. Maybe if April 23rd was a public holiday, then people would do more and more activities would take place.

Still what was on show was good and included a group of Morris dancers. Of course I took lots of photos, including this little boy, who I think from the look on his face, has had enough on sitting on his dad's shoulders, as he had been doing it for around thirty minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Great capture GM.

    Nice to see some folk turn out for our Saint George.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.