Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 4 April 2012

What A Day!


Another Wednesday, another Headbanger Challenge. Tom has chosen this week's theme of "what is this"?

Certainly a theme that you could do a lot with. Firstly I thought of taking a close up if some piece of machinery or cooking utensil. Then I wondered if I could adapt one of my photos. But on Monday evening I went to the University's Jubilee Campus for a drama reading for a new play about the history of Raleigh bicycles, which I hope to appear in.

There are quite a few striking and unusual buildings on the campus and this is one of them. It is actually a library and goes by the name of The Sir Harry and Lady Djanogly Learning Resource Centre. It looks quite impressive in the daylight, but when the sun goes down, it takes on a more etherial presence.

For more ideas of what is it, please pop over to the rest of the teams' pages and see what they have come up with, and also enjoy this piece of music.



What a strange day today has been indeed. Strong wind, rain and snow. And sometimes all at the same time!

It's hard to imagine that this time last week, we were all basking in hot sunshine and ice cream sales had gone through the roof. Now it seems the only sales are for umbrellas, hot water bottles and snow shoes.

Here is a shot of Highfields which I took on the way home tonight. At least it had stopped raining when I took it. Normally there are people feeding the ducks and swans, jogging, riding bikes or just enjoying the scenery.

We are planning to go on a helicopter ride on Friday, but if this weather continues, it sadly will probably be postponed.

What's the weather like where you are?

4 comments:

  1. And why didn't I get it before reading? I can see the stacks in the middle floor, and how obvious is that? Or how obvious should it be to a retired librarian?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris: What a great sight, really cool with the reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat shot my friend.
    Getting there, but may need your expert advice soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow!!! the weather is really crazy!
    I love your header but I don't know what it is, maybe a kind of museum?The reflections are magnificent!
    **about your comment in my "Red Bridge - Luxembourg post", I did another post today, with the view from the top of the bridge. ( you asked about "no pedestrians allowed there").

    There are pedestrians paths, both sides of the bridge and I was walking on the bridge but it was difficult to take pictures because I'm afraid of heights!
    Thanks for your always kind comments and visits!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.