Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 21 January 2013

It's Snow Time


Well we had a little dusting of snow last night, so work up to more whiteness, as it had settled on the compacted snow from the last couple of days.

So here's a couple more photos taken today. Above is the castle. I'm not sure if it the front, back or one of the sides, as the building has no clear demarcation of what side is what. But this is the side that has the cafe in it and the main viewing area towards the west of the city.

Below is a bit of the canal towpath, not far from the Broad Marsh shopping centre. It runs parallel to the road above, although more in line with the castle itself.


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:53 pm

    Love the contrast of the red against the stark wintery colours.

    Great shot of the canal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful streets with the white carpet,I love snow!Your pictures are wonderful, the red is intensive in your first shot!Bravo!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:34 am

    I follow your blog from Australia where I now live - and when I checked in to it today - my heart skipped a beat. The pic of the Castle looks to me as though it was taken in the street I lived in 1988 to 1991 - The Park - Hamilton Drive - at the time when my then boyfriend (now husband) Bryn and I met. My loft flat was on the right - roughly in front of the Mini parked in the street. Amazing to think someone else is living in that loft and having my 'young' life... it's their turn now and I hope they're having as much of a ball as I did...thank you so much for so sweetly and inadvertently making my now 45 yr old heart skip a beat - such happy memories and I sooo wish I could visit more often ~ Dominique Lummus

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.