Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 11 July 2014

Good Time Girl


This is Nottingham singer Ronika, who I saw at an intimate gig on Friday night.

I wasn't sure what she would be like, as I've not really been aware of her music. But I was pleasantly surprised as how good she was and how catchy her songs were.

I would say that she is a mixture of 1980s Madonna, with a hint of Cyndi Lauper. Her debut album is called Selectadisc, and is named after one of the cities' greatest record shops, which sadly closed down a few years ago.

There has been a number of local bands and artists recently that have begun to get their names known. Obviously Jake Bugg is the most famous; then you have London Grammar and Indiana. I'm sure Ronika will soon be playing much bigger places than the Bodega, so in a way I have been lucky to see her while she's still approachable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.