Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 4 October 2015

Factor Five



Tonight I paid my first ever visit to the Rescue Rooms, a music club in the city centre that is adjoined to Rock City.

I was there tonight to see the final of Notts Factor, a music competition that was last arranged two years ago.

There were seven singers & bands performing to win £500, a photoshoot and the change to play at a couple of big gigs next year.

Some of them weren't that good in my opinion, but some showed a lot of potential, and I'll certainly be looking out for any gigs that they do.

The winners were a band called 94 Gunships, who reminded me a bit like the Kinks. Clearly guitar based, but not in the AC/DC, Iron Maiden mould. They were certainly popular with the audience, and clearly the judges, of whom three of them I personally know.

Last year's winners One Girl, One Boy were meant to be doing a set whilst the judges added up their scores, but sadly they couldn't make it, so instead a friend that the compare knew was enticed on stage and sung a song in a Capella style. And very good she was too, but sadly I didn't catch her name.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.