Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 30 April 2016

Vintage, But Not Old


The May Day Bank Holiday weekend, and what a better start than visiting a vintage carnival, that was taking place today at Nottingham's racecourse.

We got there slightly later than expected, and so a few of the exhibitors had left by the time we had got there and there wasn't as many people around as I would have liked. But I suppose one bonus was that it was easier to take photos, without people blocking or walking in front of my camera as I was ready to press the button.

There were a number of those big American cars on show, together with stalls selling clothes, bric a brac and food. Naturally at these events, people had taken the trouble to dress up in the period, which seemed to be mainly the 1950s and the birth of rock n roll.

When we got there a live band was playing period music, and plenty of people were jitterbugging and bopping to those old songs from the post war era and the beginning of the teenage revolution.

I of course was busy with my camera, seeing it I could find interesting people and things to take. Whilst walking around, I noticed that a young lad was giving his girlfriend a piggyback ride. I wondered whether they would be passing my way. So I got ready, just in case they did. And yes, as you can see they did. She was obviously enjoying herself in not having to walk, but by the expression on his face, I think he was finding it a bit of a struggle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.