Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday, 17 July 2015

Big Cats


Two Jaguar model cars that I bought the other day. Each one cost me £1.

The rather battered one is a Dinky Toys Type D that I got from a charity shop. If it was in mint condition and had its box, it would be worth about £120. But in its present state, it is only worth about a fiver. Still its nice to have, especially as it was made in the 1950s, the same time as the real one, and I never had one as a child.

The E Type is easily recognisable and has often been called the sexiest car ever made. 1960s cool at its best. The model made by a company called DeAgostini. and came from one of the many pound shops that have sprung up over the past few years. I think it originally cost a lot more, as its quite detailed, but may have not sold well, so it found itself on the shelf with a load of other toys, stationery and food.