Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Zaaped!


I met up with some former work colleagues at lunch today. We do this occasionally, and tend to visit different pubs, cafes or restaurants each time.

Today's visit was to a new Thai restaurant called Zaap, situated in the new development what used to be the old Odeon cinema.

I quite enjoy Thai food, and sometimes have a really delicious take away from a local Thai place in Beeston.

Zaap have designed their restaurant to look like a street market in say Bangkok, and they have done a very good job. I was a little late for the meet up, due to work, so I didn't get to spend as much time there as I would have liked.

There's also so much to see, with so many things on display; hats, T shirts, number plates. All sorts of things. Just like a real market. In fact I probably missed quite a lot. Seating is interesting too, as you can sit in Tuk Tuks; the little street taxis that are so popular in Asian countries.

I will definitely be going again, as the Pad Thai I had was delicious. I have no idea what Zaap means though. For all I know, it might just be the surname of the owner.