Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday, 16 September 2016

What A Difference A Day Makes


Well, what did I say yesterday about what a great summer it's been. Well it was certainly over today, as it rained for most of the day. I got soaked cycling to work this morning. Not so much from the rain itself, but from vehicles splashing me, as they drove through puddles.

It's not been a particularly good day overall. Quite a disappointing one in fact. The musician Seth Lakeman was meant to be visiting the Fopp music shop in town to give a little show and sign his CDs, but he had to cancel, due to getting stuck in traffic, and he was playing a gig in Derby tonight. So he had to miss Nottingham out.

So I had a walk round the city centre, to see what the stormy sky looked like in the Old Market Square and over the castle.

Fortunately no more rain appeared, so I was able to cycle home dry.