Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 30 January 2007

Green Marks The Spot


London is famous for many things, and one of them is the blue plaque tradition, which highlights where famous people lived, worked or died. Nottingham appears to be starting one of it's own, as I saw this along Maid Marian Way. I had not spotted it before, so it could only have been up a few weeks. I'm not really that knowledgable about William Carey, so I've linked his name to a site which gives you some background to this preacher.

2 comments:

  1. this is a very interesting cutom. i like it when cities celebrate their people

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why a green plaque rather than the usual blue?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.