Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday, 16 December 2016

Face Off


I decided to go with a manual lens today, and so chose my Nikon 50mm f1.4 to use, from a wide range that I have.

Slightly better weather, so took a walk to the Old Market Square to see if the ice ring was being used.

To my surprise I saw high wire fencing around it, so wondered if something had happened, and it had been cordoned off. But no, things were ok, as I saw that an ice hockey was just about to take place. Only five a side, as the rink isn't that big.

I don't know who the teams were. Presumably some of them were from the local Panthers team. The wire fencing made taking photos difficult, but there were a couple of gaps here and there, so I managed to get a few shots that weren't ruined by black lines over the pictures.