Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 6 April 2008

Head In The Clouds - Looking North


Last Monday I took the plunge and went on the wheel, as it was a sunny day & would probably be my last chance to go on it, as it's closing today. I'm not that brilliant on heights, and I can't say I entirely enjoyed the experience, but it was great to see the city centre from the air.

This view mainly consists of the Victoria Centre flats. You can also see the top of the clock tower, which is all that remains of the old railway station. Another lost building which was destroyed in the late 1960's.

For further photos of Shrewsbury, please follow this -> link

4 comments:

  1. Nice shot Gailsman.

    Ha, The day the London Eye stopped - My friends had gone on it earlier. Phew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you finally went on the wheel! From the cool photo it looks like it was worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of the old architecture in the foreground and the newer building in the background... nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly got a good few excellent pictures from up there.

    BTW - concessionary fare before 9.30am is 70p per journey so it isn't too costly if you do want to start early.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.