Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday, 27 March 2014

Burnt Offerings


I took a wander down to the cattle market today for a change to my usual stroll to the Old Market Square.

As you might expect for a weekday, the place was very quiet, as most of the action takes place on a Saturday morning when the big auction is in full swing. Not cattle these days as far as I am aware, but furniture, electrical items and antiques etc.

I remember going with my dad when I was younger, with all the noise and hustle & bustle of the sellers and buyers, as he liked to go looking for old furniture or tools.

Looking for something to photograph whilst wandering along the deserted streets, I came across the remains of this burnt out shed. It couldn't have happened too long ago, as you could still smell the smoke on what remained of the wooden panels.