Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 30 September 2015

Something In Tents


The Spiegeltent has come to town for a few days. I must admit that I have never heard of such a thing before, but according to Wikipedia,  they are large travelling tents that were first built in Belgium during the late 1800's and the word means Mirror Tent.

The one that landed in the Old Market Square on Monday is called "Salon Perdu" and the opening is tonight. I popped in during my lunchtime to have a look round. There were some people dressed up and playing some sort of tag game which I didn't really understand.

The tent is massive, and holds 300+ people. But when I was there, there were only about six. There were indeed lots of mirrors around, and stained glass windows to let the light in.

Didn't see tonight's show, but will pop in tomorrow lunchtime, as there is meant to be some sort of dancing event on So it might be a good photo opportunity.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.