Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 1 April 2007

April Theme Day


This month's theme is postboxes. Due to various circumstances, I've not had the opportunity of shooting anything new, so I am showing an old picture that I published around 9 months ago. But I think it's good to show some things again, as people may have missed it the first time, and new members of our blogging family may not have seen it at all.

Over 60 Daily Photo sites are participating in the 1st April theme. Please use the links to below to visit them.

Due to time zone differences and other factors, the theme photo may not be displayed until later if you are viewing early in the day.

London (UK) -Grenoble (France) -Rotterdam (Netherlands) -Greenville SC (USA) -Hyde (UK) -Villigen (Switzerland) -Albuquerque NM (USA) -Mazatlan (Mexico) -Montréal (Canada) -Stayton OR (USA) -Shanghai (China) -Jing -Arradon (France) -Sequim WA (USA) -Newcastle upon Tyne (England) -Seattle WA (USA) -Kim -Bastia (Corse) -Minneapolis MN (USA) -Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) -Joplin MO (USA) -Sharon, CT (USA) -Cottage Grove MN [USA] -Houston, TX (USA) -Candice & Megan -Singapore - by Keropokman. -Guelph, ON (Canada) -Menton (France) -Monte Carlo, Monaco -Naples, FL (USA) -Kyoto (Japan) -Tokyo (Japan) -Aliso Viejo, CA (USA) -Cape Town (South Africa) - Jakarta (Indonesia) -Kitakami (Japan) -Tel Aviv (Israel) -Vantaa(Finland) -Guadalajara (Mexico) -Auckland (New Zealand) -Nelson (New Zealand) -Tuzla (B&H) -Brussels (Belgium) -Anderson, SC (USA) -Lubbock, TX (USA) -John, Melbourne, (Australia) -Stavanger (Norway) -Tenerife (Spain) -Stockholm (Sweden) -Boston, MA (USA) -Not Strictly Seattle, Susan -New York City, (USA), Ming the Merciless -Paris [Eric], (France) -Ampang (Selangor) -Sydney (Nathalie) Australia -ailea , HI (USA) -Manila (Philippines) -Sydney (Sally) Australia -Cork (Ireland) -Saarbrücken (Germany) -Saint Paul MN (USA) by Carol -San Diego, CA (USA) -Mexico [POLY], (Mexico) -Budapest (Hungary) -Singapore (Singapore by Zannnie) -Madrid [Dsole] (Spain) -Bandung (Indonesia) -
href='http://jonemo.de/thedailylondonphoto/' target='_blank'>London - Jonemo (UK) -

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:15 pm

    Finally I beat kate and was the first to post a comment ... now what to say??? I looked back to try and find your original post and had I commented I planed to re-post my comment. Have a good day and thanks for the post and theme participation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely photo of a Victorian mailbox. Taken on a Friday in late 2003 judging by the information thereon. I wonder if it still has the little day-plate which shows the last Friday collection has not yet been made -- none of the boxes in our neck of the woods have them anymore, so you can't be sure whether or not you've missed the last collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo and the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this site and love the photos. My only 'complaint', such as it is, is that I'd like to have a little more detail in your descriptions - i.e. where, exactly, the photos were taken. But maybe that's just me - Nottingham's my home town but, as I haven't lived there in over ten years, I sometimes have difficulty locating the pictures.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love VR mailbozes - my favourite. This looks liek a wall box?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:01 pm

    VR and not ER, definitely an oldie!
    Love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doesn't matter when you took the shot or when you posted it. Some of us may have missed it and now we see it.

    For Denton: Kate hit 12 DPs first and then went out for a latte. I guess that's why you got here first :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.