Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 15 June 2007

I'm Glad I Don't Look Like This In The Morning!


I have now returned from Turkey, with a slight suntan and enough photos to start a Kusadasi photo page.

But back in Nottingham, this Frankenstein like figure is the work of artist called Simon Mitchell, who graduated from Nottingham Trent University last year.
His aim is to produce works of art for people on ordinary incomes, and he has an exhibition running at the moment at the Friar Lane art gallery.

He certainly has a style of his own, but I'm not too sure that I'd like to see this particular canvas on my living room wall.

5 comments:

  1. That must have some meaning for the artist( something we may fail to understand) but I'd never put that on my wall.
    Nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, I am sure I don't looks like this in the morning

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, if Jim Carrey decided to join Gorillaz...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, so glad you had a great holiday !

    I wouldn't want this guy in my living room either; even for the sake of modern art !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:02 pm

    hey guys this is simon (the artist) just got an e-mail from a person about this - anyway i just want to say thank you to the guy/ girl who writes this blog - im pleased people have seen my work - i know this picture looks scary - i just wanted to draw something funny - there is no arty farty reason for this guy just i drew him - if you look on the leftlion cover this month he is also on there - anyway cheers for the comments - even though they are a bit "............i dont want that on my wall" bit harsh but hey your allowed the opinion - i do art for people with normal jobs - i dont make much money from it but im pleased people put my pics up - anyway have a look on my site - email me and say hello if you want and cheers again

    -simon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.