Header Photo

Header Photo

Tuesday 26 August 2008

Bluesday Tuesday - 3


A new service seems to have sprung up over the past few years; paying companies to store your possessions for you. I don't know if its due to people having more stuff than their house can hold, or just because they live in smaller houses these days, but companies like this seem to be popping up all over the place. I can understand it if someone was moving house or emigrating, but to pay £5 or so a week to have someone look after your stuff seems a bit crazy to me.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, we have them on this side of the Pond too. ,-)

    I probably sound grumpy but... seems silly to me. Unless you're moving from one space to another and need storage for a certain amount of time.

    But to me, seems that people {already living in one space} would do well to only own that which one can easily keep. Any more and it's too much 'stuff,' to me.

    But I also know, that's going against the "consumer mentality" and so... surely, I'd be called grumpy. ,-)

    Miss Mari-Nanci
    Smilnsigh
    Photos-City-Mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your 'Robin Hood Icon' and being wed to a Nottingham man, decided to visit:-)
    I like the pictures of events and views of Nottingham very much. Trips down memory lane.
    You mention about people putting their property into store.
    There have been articles in the papers,(Telegraph)regarding owners asking the storage personel, to play the owners music Tape or Disc supplied, to the keep the harmony of the furniture intact. It was not the 1 April.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.