Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Sign Of The Times


This week's Headbanger Challenge is about signs that caught your eye. Well yesterday I was talking about how people are afraid to take pictures of children, just in case they get into trouble. Well there is the other side of the argument, about where everyone is filmed or photographed just going about their personal business. Most shops, hotels, pubs etc have some form of CCTV to monitor the movements of their customers. Then there are cameras on street corners and ones to check your speed. "Big Brother" is certainly watching you in 2010, let alone 1984.

Another more happier and useful signs are ones giving directions; making sure you don't get lost and telling you how much further your journey is. My header is taken along Beeston Canal, and which is especially useful for walkers who are out exploring the waterway.

4 comments:

  1. I would like to walk there GM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice... my favorite sign I've taken a photo of for my daily photo is one that says "Wait here to get loaded" (http://kyledailyphoto.blogspot.com/2008/07/here-your-sign.html)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GM: Now those are a few cute signs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your street signs are intriguing. They don't appear to be welded in place around the pole and look like they could be moved, I would be sorely tempted to try. But then I guess the not so hidden camera would catch me eh?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.