Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 25 August 2010

Keep Your Cool


A difficult headbanger challenge set by Tom this week; 'Animal Reflections'. Made even the more difficult, as I'm presently on holiday with just a nextbook. So I've had to do a bit of blue sky thinkiing. Which in Dubai is very easy, as everyday there's a blue sky! It came to me last night as I was waiting for Gail to buy some make up. I just happen to be standing next to a mirror, and so got one of the postcards I was posting to our nearest and dearest and proped it up. Voila, my submission for this week.

My daily shot today is of the swimming pool at the hotel. Which is very welcome at the moment, as it's a rather humid 88*F. I'm just quietly sitting here in the shade typing away and sweat is pouring off me. As it's Ramadan at the moment, we can't eat and drink in public. So as soon as I've finished blogging, I'm off back to the room for a long cold glass of something.

6 comments:

  1. Clever idea for the header. Nice pool photo too. Don't know much about your traditional holidays such as Ramadan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should have the HUMP and not you -friend - you are on your Holls.lol.
    Grand idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GM: Cool thinking out of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you have now officially turned a Dromedary camel into a Bactrian with just the aid of a mirror. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Humidity, ugh! Thanks for mentioning sweat, always makes my day. Your camels are very sweet, there is a fellow not to far from here who owns one, I love its fuzzy brown-ness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:49 am

    Since it's been 105 degrees F here in California for the last few days, I might normally give you a hard time for complaining about 88 degrees... but truly, the humidity makes it so, well, yucky. I follow your blog on an occasional basis and was surprised to see you're in Dubai. But-- never having been there-- I'm really enjoying seeing it through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.