Header Photo

Header Photo

Saturday 22 February 2014

Trial And Error



I was in Smiths this morning skimming through the latest copy of Amateur Photographer. I rarely buy magazines these days, unless I think it's worth buying, as some of them are so expensive and probably end up in the recycling.

Anyway whilst browsing AP's pages, I came across an article called 'freelensing'.  Basically it's taking a photo without the lens being attached to the camera. So as it has been a sunny afternoon, I thought I'd give it a go.

For the photo above I used an old manual Carl Zeiss Jenna 28mm lens, set at F11 and to infinity. As the lens wasn't mounted to my OMD, I was able to wriggle it around, until I got something in focus. Well as near focus as you can get. There is also the problem of light leaks, but in this case it has made the sky a nice pink colour.

Photo number two was taken with a Nikon 24mm, also set to infinity and at F8. The same tree, but at a different angle. I can't say that they are the best pictures that I have ever taken, but they are certainly unique.

I will keep practicing with different lenses, to find one that works best. Will also see what it's like using the combo with a model. The magazine showed a couple of examples, which looked quite nice and soft.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.