Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 17 March 2016

Hound Of The Baskervilles


Today is of course St Partick's Day, and there was the usual parade and music in the Old Market Square. But due to a task at work taking longer than expected, I missed it.  Still I reckon it would probably have been more or less the same as last year. So by the time I reached the centre of town, a lot of the people had left, and probably gone to down a few pints of Guinness or a dram of whiskey.

So the hunt was on to find something worth taking a photo of. I didn't see that many people dressed up. Although there were some dancers on the stage, but they had built a cordon around it, so I couldn't get near it. So the was out of the question. But then I saw a group of about three giant Irish Wolfhounds near the steps of the Council House. I had seen them on previous years, but they were always surrounded by lots of people wanting to stroke them.  But as I had arrived late, there weren't that many near them. I gave a little whistle to attract his attention, then took his portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.