Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 18 March 2016

The Wrecking Crew


Do you often get that feeling when you realise that it's too late to do something which you should have done sometime ago?

Well I got that feeling today, when I saw that they had begun to knock down a building that I should have taken a photo of a few months ago.

The building in particular is the former British Red Cross offices, situated on a cross roads near the QMC. It has been empty for a while now, and so I've had ample opportunity to do it, but kept putting it off. Now it is too late.

Besides taking its photo for posterity, it was also unusual in design, in that it had a strange roof design, as well as the overall footprint of building. Certainly a one off. I can't quite remember when it was originally built, but it has certainly been there since the mid 1970s.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.