Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 15 April 2016

Abbadabbadoo


I had a bit of luck this week in winning a couple of tickets to see an Abba tribute band at Mansfield's Palace Theatre.

It was quite strange how I won them too. I went on the theatre's Facebook page to make a complaint about their on-line booking form, and saw the competition. It simply asked in which year did Abba win Eurovision. Being an Abba fan, I obviously knew that it was 1974. I also noticed that no one had answered, even though the posting had been up for a few hours.

The theatre was packed with people of all ages, and by about the third song, people were either on their feet dancing, or sitting down clapping and singing along. Even I was singing to some of the songs, as I knew most of the words.

The band also joked with the audience, in a cod Swedish accent. Although, like the real Benny, the pretend one didn't say that much either! Their costumes looked quite authentic. They had a live drummer, but I think they also used a backing track on some of the songs.

On the whole it was a very enjoyable evening, and probably the nearest thing to the genuine Abba that anyone will get to see, as Agnatha, Bjorn, Benny and Anni-Freid have no intention of every playing together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.