Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 18 May 2016

Foodie Heaven


I had an excited Gail on the phone this afternoon whilst I was at work. She said that whilst she was arriving back home from work, she saw a film crew down the road. With cameras and everything. I said get her camera out and start taking photos, as something special might be happening.

So a little while later, she rang again and described what was happening. I said that I would put a message on Facebook to see if anyone knew what was going on. A few messages appeared saying that they might be making an episode of the tv cooking show Come Dine With Me.

Fortunately they were still there when I got home, so I was poised with my camera too. I chatted to a couple of the crew who told me that it was a cooking show being made, but not Come Dine With Me, but a new show called The Kitchen Rules, based on the Australian show of the same name. It's where a well known chef eats a meal at different people's houses and decides who cooked the best food. In this case it is Michael Caines. Sadly not the actor from the Italian Job and Alfie. Now that would be a scoop, but a very well known chef. Sadly not with me, as I've not heard of him before.


Similarly to Come Dine With Me, the other contestants also join the chef in eating the meal. The winner gets £10,000. I popped down a bit later and chatted to the lady who was doing the catering for the production team. She said that they were filmed an episode yesterday in Chesterfield.

Apparently it's a very popular show in Australia, and so Channel Four have bought the rights to it, and are making their own version. Also involved is tv presenter and cookery writer Prue Leith. The show will be screened later in the year. So it will be interesting to see what Beeston looks like through their camera lens.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.