Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 1 June 2008

Water Magic


This is Papplewick Pumping Station, and it holds very dear memories for me, as it's where I asked Gail to be my wife. You might think a water pumping station isn't a particularly romantic setting, but as it's now a restaurant, it is. It was nearly 3 years ago now. We were both at a summer ball & I thought I'd pop the question after the food, but before the dancing. Work had hired a DJ, and so I was going to get him to make an announcement, so I propose in front of everyone. Unfortunately things didn't go according to plan, as Gail had a really bad coughing fit, bought on perhaps by something she ate. I asked her anyway, and she of course said yes in between gasps of air and sips of water.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:57 pm

    Nooo it wasn't a coughing fit it was absolute embarrassment.. Ha ha guess this must be an anniversary. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photograph and love the story even more! Congrats for when you celebrate your 3rd anniversary. Great tale.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.