Header Photo

Header Photo

Monday 31 May 2010

Old Rockers Never Die


I think Jethro Tull were wrong to say that "You're too old to rock n roll", going on the performances this afternoon of these well known singers from the 1960s; Cliff Bennett, Steve Ellis, Chip Hawkes and Chris Farlowe. All were very well known 45 years ago, and its good to see that they can still belt it out at an average age of 63.
Although my cold (I'm too modest to call it man flu) is getting slightly worse, I decided to make the effort and go and see something of the City Pulse festival. I'm glad I did, as both groups 'The New Amen Corner' and 'Animals and Friends' were very good and kept the audience singing and dancing to lots of great songs from a bygone age when things were much better and people were a lot happier.

2 comments:

  1. My sister and I (especially sis) loved Amen Corner but more so Andy Fairweather Low♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. All brill rockers GM.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.