Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 25 April 2014

March Of Rememberance


I was doing a little bit of window shopping in our local branch of London Camera Exchange at lunchtime, as they have quite a good selection of secondhand lenses, and I'm always on the lookout for something for my OMD. But nothing today.

Turning round, I saw a large bunch of people at the top of the street, so I went to investigate. They headed towards me and I could see that some were caring a big banner with a serious message.

20 years ago a million people were murdered in Rwanda, one of the countries in central Africa. The genocide took place against the Tutsi, one of the tribes that make up the population.

I had not read or heard anything about the parade, so I was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time, unfortunately not with the right lens on my camera, as I had decided to put my 20mm prime lens on, rather than my usual 12mm - 50mm lens. So the photo isn't as good as it could have been.

There are websites around that could tell you more about the history of Rwanda and the genocide that happened. I remember it being on the news, but I don't think I took that much notice, which I think was the same for the rest of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.