Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 25 September 2011

Knights In Silver Steel


There has been a medieval re-enactment this weekend at Beauvale Priory near Eastwood. I popped over this morning for a couple of hours. It was strange going there again and not dressing up as a monk, as I have done previously. Instead I was going to watch other people dressed up and pretending to be people from a lost age. It was good fun watching them fighting each other with real swords and wearing real armour. Colourful too, with the different coats of arms, banners and costumes. One of the knights fighting here in red is Nicholas de Cantlupe, who actually existed and gave the monks some land at Greasley in 1343, where they could build the priory for a dozen monks and an abbot.

3 comments:

  1. Funny - they did a Medieval Fair like that here today in Eagan, too! A photo from it tomorrow on my EAGAN daily photo blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I view this, why is it that all I can think of are the Knights who say NEE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can't be Bob there is no Shrubbery!

    I had to look twice at the photo because the way the knight on the right is holding his sword it looked at first as if he didn't have one and he was fighting without!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.