Header Photo

Header Photo

Thursday 1 September 2011

A Bird Named Harris

A real bird today, rather than a silver one that I talked about yesterday as part of the Headbanger Challenge. This is a Harris hawk and was on show at Tutbury Castle. I took some photos of when it was sitting on its perch, and being shown off to the public. But passing the same spot later, it was all alone and happily tucking into a chunk of meat. So I held my camera close to the ground and tried to get a close up action shot. Ideally I should have had my Panasonic G1 with me as it has a tilting screen, but I think this shot isn't too bad from my Nikon D90.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, you're a week early my friend for the Header Challenge of Big Bird.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.