Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 7 September 2011

Keeping Warm


The Headbanger Challenge is with us once again, and this week's theme has been dreamt up by Tom the fisherman. He's gone for 'big bird'. Now I've resisted the temptation of putting up a photo of a very large woman, you'll be pleased to know, as I'm not that naughty. Even though there's no shortage of them in Nottingham!

Instead I've though outside the box a bit and gone for a shot of a cafe that sells ostrich burgers and sausages. The ostrich being the biggest bird on the planet. Even though it can't fly, but can run at speeds approaching 45mph. The meat has become very popular these days, as it is leaner in fat and very tasty. Do pop along and see the rest of the gang's interpretation of the theme and enjoy this lovely song from Christine McVie from the great Fleetwood Mac, rather than their classic Albatross.

Today's photo is of a juggler who I saw performing on Bridalsmithgate. He was very daring juggling with fire on such a windy day and with so many people walking about. I watched him for a little while and could smell the paraffin he was using. I don't think too many people were interested in watching the stunt. I think they were more bothered about getting their shopping done.

4 comments:

  1. Chris: Interesting take on the theme. Love the juggler with his belly sticking out of his shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are tasty too, Ive had 2 now, and both very good.
    Will have to try that place sometime,,,,Hot stuff this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poor juggler doesn't have much of a crowd does he. As for Ostrich it does make very nice burgers but I don't think I could eat a whole boiled egg lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, I Heart Ostrich has me laughing out loud. And I am a vegetarian. The ostrich now wishes he could fly. If I go there, I will have a coffee; no sandwich. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.