Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 20 July 2008

Birthday Balloons


The NHS (National Health Service) is celebrating it's 60th birthday this year, and I spotted a group of nurses having their photos taken outside a local hotel. They had all been to a celebration there.

For those that don't know, most medical treatments in the UK are free to all UK citizens, although we do pay via all the taxes that we are charged. The system is often abused by people who aren't entitled to use it and it does suffer with other problems; including underfunding in some areas. But it is the envy of the world, and long may it be so.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Gailsman, Great photo.

    Just having a breather from skywatch, glad you liked Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! The NHS is a great institution and the gradual increase in private services being used by the NHS should be halted- don't get me started! I for one am proud to work for the NHS and hope to stay there for my career, as long as it stays public.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free medical service is really something to envy about. In Indonesia, only the basic health services are free. Treatment for serious illnesses are not.

    I like the color isolation you made on that baloon. It makes the picture very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the black and white with one blue balloon - nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very proud of our NHS, especially all the hard working, often under paid, staff. The few times I've had to use the hospital I have always been impressed by the care and dedication of the NHS workers.

    I like the photo too. Nice effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Proud of the NHS, coming from a family of nurses. It is a lets hope continues to be the envy of the world. It's one of the most humanitarian things this country has ever done. Excellent image.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.