Header Photo

Header Photo

Wednesday 17 December 2008

Christmas Lights - Again


Alas my trip around town with my camera proved fruitless today, as there was nothing really worth taking. Seems to be a bit of a drought of material at the moment. So here's a good old standby; some more festive decorations and illuminations.

This area is under the council house, and has quite a few, small upmarket stores. At one time a really good quality and very well liked grocery store called Burton's stood there, but they went under in the early 1980's, much to the sadness of local shoppers.

7 comments:

  1. Very festive! I'm finding the lack of photo opps around town at the moment. I think its to do with christmas at every turn. It soon be over though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you said, and the above. Town isn't too inspiring at present. Also, whilst I'm not a Christmas fan myself, it seems a lot less decorative than in the recent past?

    Ah well, only about 5 days to go before we're past the shortest day of the year, and the lighter nights are on the way.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very festive decorations that seem just perfect for the location. I agree about the Christmas decor this year. I've noticed a lot less this year myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Switched on here Gailsman, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your dog puns! Made me groan :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyway, I love it. I always love christmas decoration. It sends me to another realm, cheering me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's more than we have. As for grocers we have never had one in Ramsey during my time here which is shameful. Locals always seem to get what they don't want or need.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.