Header Photo

Header Photo

Sunday 14 December 2008

Red Hair Day


It's good to see that the spirit of punk is still alive in these homogeneous and conventional times; even if all the original rebels are now in their late forties and have wives, children and mortgages.

This guy is sporting the all too familiar spiky cockscomb hair and studded black leather jacket of the genre. Although I was in my teens when punk was around, for some reason it completely passed me by, preferring more mainstream pop; although I did (and still do) like the Stranglers and more tuneful songs of the time.

4 comments:

  1. Time flies doesn't it? Except for the vehicle in the background, this could be a 20 year old image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet that 'do really turned heads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could be classic '77. I was a pre teen but I love the music then and now. It brings out my inner angst. Ok my outer ansgt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:51 am

    nice hair

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.