Header Photo

Header Photo

Friday 9 January 2009

Flatpack End


There's been quite a few photos over the death of Woolworths, but I don't think I saw any of the MFI stores pulling down the shutters. So here's one to level things out a bit. OK, so the furniture wasn't very good, and they were the butt of many jokes, but still lots of people lost their jobs and many customers have lost their money or kitchens.

A couple of well known local restaurants threw in the towel yesterday. It is almost an everyday occurrence now. We are all wondering what will be next? My money is on H&M, the cheap & cheerful clothing outlet. I passed through our local store the other day & I think there was only about 6 customers in total, and that was at lunchtime.

Apologies to my global visitors, as these shop names may not mean anything to you. But I'm sure you could list some well know names in your country that have gone to the wall.

5 comments:

  1. There was the story yesterday about M&S closing some stores (about 25 of them, I think) too. My daughter will be gutted if H&M is next, she loves it in there.

    (Word verification is "strop"!!! Yes, she would definitely be in one!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty common sight all over the place these days. Used to work retail and thank my lucky stars I abandoned that career years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are correct. There are quite a lot of well know establishments closing down over here. Restaurants have been especially hard hit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely right. Crap products but they served a purpose and it's the human story behind the firm we should be concerned with. 6 shop closed in Douglas this week. Shameful. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Due to the road sign being in the way, it almost looks like it says 'STORE LOSING'!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a lot for visiting and leaving a message. They are always welcome. Please mention my blog to all your friends and family and do pop by again very soon, as you will be made most welcome.
Best wishes from Gailsman and Nottingham Daily Photo.